For the best convention experience possible, please review the information below. However, please keep in mind that all decisions made by our security chiefs are final.
Single Day Tickets are only available on site.
no advance sale)
|Ages 18+||Ages 10 – 17|
Box Office Hours:
Friday 3pm – midnight
Saturday 9am – 10pm
Sunday 9:30am – 1pm
Saturday 10am – 2am
Sunday 10am – 5pm
Ballroom: 5pm – Midnight
Ballroom Foyer: 5pm – Midnight
College Way: 5pm – 10pm
Table Areas: 5pm – 10pm
Ballroom: 10am – Midnight
Ballroom Foyer: 10am – Midnight
College Way: 10am – 10pm
Table Areas: 10am – 10pm
Ballroom: 10am – event close
Ballroom Foyer: 10am – event close
College Way: 10am – event close
Table Areas: 10am – event close
- All event participants must wear their badge at all times during the event. Failure to do so will result in your removal from the event unless you can produce proper ID to be issued a new badge (replacement badges must be paid for).
- No one may sell products, services, or goods unless they are an approved vendor or have received permission from programming as a busker, presenter, or performer.
- The event safety team has the final say on all matters of safety and security within the confines of GLIMMERDARK.
- All event participants must abide by the Harassment Policy.
- Despite the fact that we are renting the hotel, we are still their guests. Please refrain from behavior that would prevent us from returning to the Hotel. We will be charged for all damages to the property, including, but not limited to, sheets, pillows, and towels in guestrooms.
- Hotel requires a minimum of bikini coverage in public areas of the event. Body paint does NOT meet this requirement. No bare feet.
- Respect the hotel staff! You are welcome to tip those hotel staff who help you!
Disruptive Behavior Policy
We have policies to address specifics such as prop weapons. We also have a general policy that we do not tolerate disruptive behavior of any sort, and we can and will take action when we see something dangerous or disruptive.
The type of action we take may range from a quiet but stern word in private to forcible ejection from the convention, or even criminal charges. (The action taken is solely at our discretion.)
Action may be taken for, but not limited to, the following:
- Fighting (fake or real, that is not part of an approved performance)
- Impeding traffic flow
- Offensive behavior
- Failure to observe basic hygiene
- Public inebriation (or similar intoxication) in the convention area
- Any other failure to follow the rules.
Remember, anything illegal outside the hotel is illegal inside the hotel. If your behavior is clearly problematic, we will deal with it as a problem. Show common courtesy to your fellow convention goers and follow the rules, and there will be no problems!
Anyone caught jumping in line will be sent to the rear of the line. You will not be allowed to hold places in any long, competitive lines (ie, for headlining performances). Lines cannot block entrances or exits, so please leave a gap in front of the door.
- Please obtain expressed permission from people before taking their picture or video recording. If a person says no, respect their wishes and DO NOT take their picture. Even if an individual is in costume, do not assume they wish for their photo to be taken. Likewise, if someone in costume is taking a break (eating, sitting, resting in any way, enjoying a show or shopping, etc.) please allow them that restful period. Use good judgement and etiquette to request a photo when they seem ready.
- If possible, obtain consent before taking the picture/video recording. If the nature of the photograph (action or candid) precludes advance consent, please ask for consent after the picture has been taken and be willing to delete digital photos (or agree not to process if for a film camera) if requested. This is not license to take deliberately awkward, embarrassing or inappropriate photographs.
- We acknowledge that there is a difference between being the focus of a picture, and being part of the crowd in the picture. By attending this event, you acknowledge that you may inadvertently appear in the background of photographs and/or video recordings, or in general location photos/videos. If you are uncomfortable with appearing in this type of photograph, or in having them published, attendees have the right to inform the photographer of such, and the photographer must abide by those wishes.
- When stopping to take photographs in the hallways, please be considerate of your fellow humans/fae by being brief and not blocking traffic.
- Please use discretion with flash photography. Some performers (including our sideshow and fire experts) require intense concentration during their performance – for your safety as well as their own. Please be considerate when photographing performances.
Alcohol and Drug Policy
There is a bar and restaurant on-site which serve alcohol, and there are several alcohol-centered add-on events.
- We ask that you not over-consume alcohol.
- Visibly inebriated persons will be escorted back to their room or off the premises at the discretion of the safety team.
- Alcohol consumption by persons under the age of 21 remains illegal and not allowed at GLIMMERDARK.
- Hosts of parties are reminded not serve minors or over-serve adults.
- We ask that you do not bring glass containers/bottles into high flow traffic areas.
- The use of illegal drugs remains illegal and is not permitted at GLIMMERDARK.
We have patrons who are very allergic to smoke and it’s illegal in the hotel.
- Hotel policy prohibits smoking inside of the hotel or within 25 feet of the hotel entrance. This includes both tobacco and non tobacco products.
- The fine for smoking in the hotel is $250. Seriously, don’t smoke in the hotel.
- No smoking inside of tents.
- Please be considerate and dispose of your cigarette butts properly.
- Please refrain from using electronic smoking devices in the event spaces.
So you can stay safe and have fun!
- No rough-housing is allowed in the pool or hot tub.
- No nudity is permitted in the pool or hot tub.
- Do not put any liquids into the pool or hot tub.
- No diving is allowed in the pool.
- Please do not remove pool toys from the pool area.
- Please refrain from going to the pool area under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol.
- Body paint may not be worn in the pool.
- Please refrain from participating in activities which jeopardize the health and safety of yourself or event participants.
- Please also remember there is no lifeguard on duty at the hotel pool and you swim at your own risk.
- Please be respectful the mermaid. You DO NOT want to get on a her bad side.
- Please treat Dolly Glitter, our aquatic inflatable unicorn, gently. Dolly Glitter is not fond of rough-housing and likes making friends one at a time.
GLIMMERDARK is friendly to various forms of costume and prop weaponry, with reasonable restrictions.
- To ensure the general safety of all hotel guests, patrons may not carry the following types of weapons or props: Live steel of any kind including guns, knives, swords, axes, martial arts equipment, or any other type of bladed weapon. If you do not have a hotel room or a vehicle, you can leave your weapon in the Public Safety Office.
- Any blade or weapon that is illegal to carry in the state of New Jersey is strictly prohibited at GLIMMERDARK. New Jersey has strict and differing weapons laws from surrounding states; please take the time before the event to review them here at knifeup.com.
- No firearms are permitted inside the event, even by those with carry permits for them (this includes but is not limited to handguns, rifles, black powder weapons, BB guns, Airsoft, and any other device classified as a firearm by the state of New Jersey. Basically, if it’s shaped like a firearm and can hurt someone, New Jersey considers it a firearm).
- NERF and other firing toy guns are allowed. NERF and other firing toy guns are only allowed in meeting rooms. Should any patron be witnessed using a toy foam dart projector in public space, the hotel reserves the right to confiscate it.
- You may carry either the ammunition for an allowable weapon or the weapon itself throughout the event space but not both at the same time.
- Please leave all propellant for home-made flame-throwers at home.
- Lasers of any type MUST NOT be pointed at people.
Jeff Mach Events Harassment Policy
The views and opinions of vendors, performers, presenters, and guests of the event do not necessarily reflect those of Jeff Mach Events and its employees.