For a kidney patient in stage 3 what matters the most is the CKD treatment in Ayurveda and diet he needs to follow. In the initial stages, it is still possible to recover from an impaired kidney function with a renal diet for CKD patient but if not taken care of, the condition can progress very quickly into renal failure. A CKD diet chart is different from a healthy diet plan because it is primarily based on recovering kidney function. So, in this #trending video on kidney, we will talk about what to eat in chronic kidney disease in #stage3.
In stage 3 however, you need to adopt ayurvedic treatment along with lifestyle changes and a healthy diet. In the stage, Glomerular Filtration Rate drops in between 30-59 ml/min along with elevated levels of serum creatinine. The main cause of chronic kidney disease is the condition that can affect the kidney’s and their filtration capacity such as high blood pressure, diabetes, glomerulonephritis, and kidney infections called pyelonephritis.
#Diet for stage 3 patients
• Include grains, vegetables, and fruits in your diet. But do not consume things rich in potassium and phosphorus.
• Reduce the quantity of cholesterol and fat in your diet as this can be a cause of umpteen heart problems.
• Limit sodium and sodium-based foods including salt, processed and preserved foods, carbonated drinks, etc.
• Limit down your calories consumption
• Consume calcium and protein only after the recommendation of your doctor.
• Vitamin C and Vitamin D should not be included beyond 100 mg per day.
Also here are some tips that can help slow down the progression of kidney disease:
• Work on your blood pressure level if it remains high
• Manage your blood sugar rate
• If possible, go for a routine checkup if you are at the risk of kidney disease
• Exercise regularly
If you have any queries about kidney disease and ayurvedic treatment, reach us at Karma Ayurveda.